The Church of St. Nicholas in Kematen was built despite the pronounced popular hostility between 1801 and 1807, integrating parts of a neogothic construction dating from 1468 into the new building. The Church was consecrated in 1833. The barrel vault was rebuilt in 1861. The main altarpiece is by Anton Sieß (1768) and depicts the patron, Saint Nicholas. The frescoes are by Franz Altmutter of Vienna (1811).